The copies will be signed by Ellen Datlow and several of the contributing authors including Gregory Frost, Jeffrey Ford, John Langan, Rick Bowes, and Paul Tremblay as part of the special reading they are doing on July 22nd.
For those of you in the New York City area, Ellen is hosting a special reading for Supernatural Noir on Friday, July 22nd at the KGB Bar, starting at 7:00 pm located at 85 E 4th Street (off 2nd Ave., upstairs), New York, NY.
If you’re in New York City, I highly recommend attending this very special reading, which is not a part of the normal Fantastic Fiction series that is held there every month. The Supernatural Noir readers will include Ellen Datlow (as host), Gregory Frost, Jeffrey Ford, John Langan, Rick Bowes, and Paul Tremblay. I’ve heard most of these authors read before, and they are terrific.
If I weren’t running this contest on Underwords, I’d be the first entry on the list since I have been waiting for this book to come out for months. Yes, I will be buying a copy for myself, but I digress! We have 5 signed copies of Supernatural Noir up for grabs, which means that you have an excellent chance to win a book.
Enter the SUPERNATURAL NOIR Contest
All you have to do for your chance to win a signed copy of Supernatural Noir is to post a note in the comments below by midnight on July 27th. One entry per person.
**However, you can get a double entry by posting the link for this contest on your blog, Facebook page, in Twitter, or somewhere else. After you post the URL, let me know in the comments below that you “boosted the signal” and your one entry counts as two entries – doubling your chances to win.**
The contest is open to anyone with a U.S. mailing address. The winner will be chosen at random and contacted via email for mailing instructions. If you are under 14, please get your parent’s permission to enter this contest.
Anthology description from the publisher, Dark Horse:
A hit man who kills with coincidence . . . A detective caught in a war between two worlds . . . A man whose terrible appetites hide an even darker secret . . .
Dark Horse once again teams up with Hugo and Bram Stoker award-winning editor Ellen Datlow (Lovecraft Unbound) to bring you this masterful marriage of the darkness without and the darkness within. Supernatural Noir is an anthology of original tales of the dark fantastic from twenty modern masters of suspense, including Brian Evenson, Joe R. Lansdale, Caitlin R. Kiernan, Nick Mamatas, Gregory Frost, Jeffrey Ford, and many more.
* For fans of horror, noir, fantasy, crime, and the short fiction format.
* Sixteen stories for just $19.99.
The Table of Contents Includes:
- Introduction Ellen Datlow
- The Dingus by Gregory Frost
- The Getaway by Paul G. Tremblay
- Mortal Bait by Richard Bowes
- Little Shit by Melanie Tem
- Ditch Witch by Lucius Shepard
- The Last Triangle by Jeffrey Ford
- The Carrion Gods in Their Heaven by Laird Barron
- The Romance by Elizabeth Bear
- Dead Sister by Joe R. Lansdale
- Comfortable in Her Skin by Lee Thomas
- But For Scars by Tom Piccirilli
- The Blisters on My Heart by Nate Southard
- The Absent Eye by Brian Evenson
- The Maltese Unicorn by Caitlín R. Kiernan
- Dreamer of the Day by Nick Mamatas
- In Paris, In the Mouth of Kronos by John Langan
* ~ * ~ * ~ *